It is hard to believe that 2019 is close to an end. It seems like it was just yesterday the year started.
On a personal note, this year has been hard. Ruby and I had a great loss, along with lots of family and friends, when a young man that we helped raise since he was in 6th grade passed away. That along with our parents failing health, as a family we refocused our priorities.
As a company, we decided we got too big and too stretched out. I felt that we were neglecting the customers that helped us remain in existence for over 100 years.
To fix this, we did 2 things:
- We spun off our equipment business to a company called Datamax. This was the only company we could find that could handle the vast territory and provide excellent service.
- We also spun off our Terrell division to OCOP Express. Being 2 ½ hours away was too far for us to be effective. Being in the DFW area, they have improved on what we started when we purchased our TOP office. Since July 1 of this year, the Texarkana and Longview store have started a deliberate focus on our customers. To start this off, we have initiated several things in 2019 and we are continuing them in 2020:
- We will change Free Sample Friday to Freebie Friday. This program is when we give gifts/samples to customers.
- We started Wacky Wednesday this year, and it has been very successful. This program is when we give items to customers that order.
- We added a new position here. The Customer Care Advocate will be making sure our service is top notch.
Finally, I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and bring on 2020!